Stephen & Madeleine Kear's Holiday Gites In France

After Stephen's exhausting years and demanding schedules as a violinist in the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra we left it all behind us to run idyllic gites in the Gartempe Valley, La Vienne, France.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Scones in France, Marigolds and Wigwams

I managed to strike a deal with one of the kind ladies I work for in La Bussiere. Last week I brought her some of my zinnias. This week after my morning of work at her house she gave me some of her Marigolds which I dutifully planted out on my arrival home. Wednesdays are never a very profitable day - the girls have only a half day at school and then we go to Montmorillon for music lessons so we never manage to get a lot done. But we did manage a serving of scones at tea rooms run by an englishwoman called Kim which overlook a very picturesque part of the river. This evening I erected the wigwam for my sweet peas. We both worked late in the garden and ended up barbequing sausages for a quick dinner at about 10pm. We sat outside in the company of Maggie and Avalanche, our dogs, Ollie, the cat - and a rather sweet fat old toad. And I'm not talking about Stephen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home